Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Adison Joye Barton

Adison Joye Barton was born on March 19 at 4:39 p.m. She was 20 inches long and weighed 8 pounds 11 ounces - I'm glad they don't know the weight until after they come out. I would have been terrified out of my mind to try and push a baby out that size!
That morning at 6:00 Jack and I headed to the Timpanogos Hospital for our planned induction. My blood pressure had been a little high at my doctor's visit the day before. Between that and her being almost a week overdue, the doctor decided it would be okay to induce labor.


She had some bruises on her head because she had her face up instead of down. I didn't know there was a "right" way for their face to be. That made pushing take a little longer (two hours) but I was only in labor for ten hours, which was far better than I ever expected. 


The first couple of days home from the hospital my mom came down to Ephraim. It was definitely a blessing to have someone there to let us have a few extra hours of sleep. Plus, Grandma Jen loved spending time with her first grandchild.


Spring break was the week after she came, so we spent some time up north with family. It was so nice to have all of the help and Adi loved the attention. We are so happy to have her in our family and we can't wait to spend our lives together watching her grow up.


2 comments:

  1. Corinne says: Such a sweetheart!! We are so happy that both of you girls joined the Barton family!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so beautiful, Ally!! Glad you and she are doing well!! :)

    ReplyDelete